Last updated: 5/13/2021, 11:44 AM
COVID-19 Vaccination Appointments
A limited number of COVID-19 vaccine appointments are available at various Garnet Health facilities. You cannot make appointments by calling your doctor's office, the hospital, or through the New York State website. Vaccination Appointments can only be made through our online scheduling system.
To be vaccinated, you must bring proof of age and complete the NYS Eligibility Form. If you do not follow these guidelines, you will not be able to receive a COVID-19 vaccine.
Garnet Health will not charge you for the administration of the COVID-19 vaccine. It is provided to you at no cost.
Kids Ages 5 - 17 Years Old
Garnet Health Doctors is now offering the COVID-19 vaccination for established pediatric patients 5 to 11 years of age. We also have COVID-19 booster doses available for individuals 12 years of age and older.
- Minors need parental or guardian consent to receive a COVID-19 vaccine, except in the rare instance where the minor is part of a group to whom the law gives the right to consent to their own care (e.g., married minors, minors who are parents or pregnant, and minors in the military). Therefore, a consent for vaccination must be signed by you as parent/guardian unless the minor can provide proof that they are able to consent for themselves as documented above.
- Minors must be accompanied by parent or guardian to the appointment. Unaccompanied minors will not be vaccinated.
- Bring proof of age (e.g., birth certificate issued by state or local government, passport, etc.).
Click here to schedule your COVID-19 vaccination appointment.
COVID-19 Vaccine Fact Sheet - Garnet Health 1-7-2021
Find the nearest coronavirus test site by typing in your zip code, and learn more about when to get tested, by visiting the COVID-19 Test Site Finder.
Or, you can visit one of Garnet Health Doctors Urgent Care locations.
You should expect moderate to long wait times for a coronavirus test at any location you choose.
Who should quarantine and when?
January 5, 2022, CDC issues new guidelines
Given what we currently know about COVID-19 and the Omicron variant, the CDC is shortening the recommended time for isolation for the public.
For the latest information click here.
COVID-19 Vaccination Card
Per NYS, Garnet Health is not issuing replacement cards. If you lose your COVID-19 vaccination card:
- Access the NYS Excelsior Pass at https://epass.ny.gov/home
- If you received your vaccine at Garnet Health - Access / activate your MyChart at mychart.garnethealth.org. Through MyChart, you can navigate to "Menu", then "My Record", the "COVID-19" where you will see your vaccination history. When you click on it, you will see all vaccinations, including boosters. You can then download / export the record.
- Register for the CDC V-Safe at vsafe.cdc.gov. Here you can access records of all of your COVID vaccinations.
Garnet Health continues to closely monitor the situation and preparedness efforts are in full swing to ensure the health and welfare of our patients, staff and community. We continue to meet with county Department of Health leaders and Infectious Disease physicians to make sure we are following the latest protocols and procedures to screen, identify and protect patients and staff.
Explore tabs below for more available information and resources.