Cardiac Procedures at Garnet Health
Our advanced cardiac procedures are offered at Peter Frommer, M.D. Heart Center at Garnet Health Medical Center. We were the first in Orange County, New York to offer diagnostic, emergency and elective angioplasty to the community and surrounding areas. As a heart care leader in our area, our cardiovascular specialists perform several cardiac procedures, routinely conducted at the world’s finest medical centers.
To add to our level of expertise, we offer three highly equipped, state-of-the-art catheterization labs and are backed by an affiliation with Westchester Medical Center. This means that our cardiovascular physicians are part of the Westchester Medical program through a collaboration with Westchester Medical's cardiovascular leadership.
To ensure that the highest quality of care is delivered to our patients, our affiliation with Westchester Medical Center allows our specialists to extend their knowledge. Our partnership allows us to access years of in-depth knowledge Westchester Medical has with operating a first class, comprehensive interventional cardiology program. Additionally, it provides our patients with immediate access to experienced cardiac surgeons whenever surgery is necessary.
List of Cardiac Procedures
As Orange County’s heart care leader, our cardiovascular specialists perform several cardiac procedures, routinely conducted at the world’s finest medical centers.
- Angioplasty - a minimally invasive procedure where a catheter with a small balloon opens a blocked artery to supply your heart with the necessary blood.
- Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator - a pager-sized device implanted in your chest. It works by detecting and stopping dangerous, abnormal heartbeats.
- Intervascular Ultrasound - a procedure performed along with cardiac catheterization for purposes of studying a patient’s coronary arteries.
- Post Cardiac Arrest Hypothermia - a procedure in which a patient’s body temperature is lowered to help reduce the risk of injury following cardiac arrest.
- Interventional Cardiac Catheterization - Interventional catheterization is a minimally invasive procedure where treatments, such as angioplasty, are performed to open a blocked artery. Learn more.
- Insertable Cardiac Monitor - Insertable Cardiac Monitor (ICM) is the smallest long-term, insertable cardiac monitoring device for patients with recurrent fainting, heart palpitations.
- Pacemakers - a small device implanted in a patient’s chest or abdomen that uses electrical pulses to prompt the heart to beat at a normal rate.
Garnet Health is proud to offer patients post-procedure support and help with lifestyle changes utilizing our exercise, diet and disease management programs.