Cardiovascular Conditions We Treat at Garnet Health
In your lifetime, you or someone you love may require some form of cardiovascular care. You’re not alone: Heart disease affects 1 in 5 adults in America in any given year, which means it’s important to have heart care experts close to home who can diagnose and treat a range of cardiovascular conditions. At Garnet Health, we understand what you’re going through and are here to support you through diagnosis, treatment and aftercare.
Our cardiovascular specialists provide comprehensive heart care that includes preventive measures as well as cardiac treatments and rehabilitation. We strive to provide the best care possible, no matter which heart conditions you may be diagnosed with. We specialize in conditions such as:
- Arrhythmia, or irregular heartbeats
- Cerebrovascular conditions, such as stroke and transient ischemic attack (TIA)
- Congenital heart defects
- Congestive heart failure
- Coronary artery disease
- Deep vein thrombosis
- Heart attacks
- Heart valve disease and related issues, such as stenosis, regurgitation and prolapse
- Peripheral artery disease
- Palpitations and atrial fibrillation
Heart Condition Diagnosis, Treatment Services
We offer a wide array of cardiovascular services at Garnet Health, including cardio-pulmonary imaging and diagnostic testing performed by specialists with top-level training and expertise. Additionally, you may undergo various stress tests to help our specialists make a diagnosis. Our imaging capabilities include:
- Echocardiograms: This is a noninvasive procedure in which a cardiovascular specialist conducts an ultrasound of the heart.
- Transesophageal echocardiography (TEE): Similar to echocardiograms, a TEE captures the heart’s movements using a device called a transducer.
- Cardioversion: This form of therapy uses targeted electric shock to reset a heartbeat or correct rhythm abnormalities.
From the moment a diagnosis is confirmed, the cardiovascular specialists at Garnet Health will develop a personalized treatment plan for you. Garnet Health Medical Center is consistently recognized as part of America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Specialty Care in the category of Coronary Intervention by Healthgrades. That means our heart care experts deliver excellent treatment for coronary conditions. We offer a full range of cardiovascular treatments, such as:
- Cardiac medications, ranging from blood thinners and antiplatelet therapy to ACE inhibitors (to stimulate blood flow), beta blockers and more
- Coronary artery bypass graft surgery
- Diagnostic, elective and emergency angioplasty
- Heart valve replacement and surgery
- Lifestyle changes aided by exercise, smoking cessation and a heart-healthy diet
- Manual heart regulation devices, such as insertable cardiac monitors, implantable cardioverter defibrillators (ICD) and pacemakers
- Vascular surgery
If necessary, you or your loved one may transition into cardiac rehabilitation after a procedure. The cardiac rehabilitation team at Garnet Health consists of a medical director, clinical director, critical care nurse, exercise physiologist and a registered dietician who craft a customized rehabilitation plan for you based on your needs. We know the journey to recovery can be difficult, but the staff at Garnet Health is by your side every step of the way.
Trust Garnet Health to Treat Your Heart Conditions
Your heart care is of paramount importance to our team, and Garnet Health is proud to be a cardiovascular health leader in the region. To learn more about your options for comprehensive heart care at Garnet Health, find a primary care doctor online or call 845-333-7575.
At Garnet Health, patients can expect expert heart condition treatment in Orange and Sullivan County. Our hospitals are located in Middletown, Harris and Callicoon, NY.
Cardiac Diagnostic Testing
At Garnet Health, we offer state-of-the-art cardiac diagnostic technology in Middletown, Harris and Callicoon, NY.Learn more
Find comprehensive, compassionate cardiac rehabilitation care for heart attack, heart surgery and other heart-related issues at Garnet Health.Learn more
68 Harris Bushville Road
Harris, NY 12742
707 East Main Street
Middletown, NY 10940