Total Joint Replacement Class
At Garnet Health Medical Center, your safety and successful recovery are our top priorities. Our experience has shown that an informed patient has a better understanding of the pre-procedure process, is more at ease about surgery and is better prepared for recovery and rehabilitation. Understanding what to expect and how to care for yourself after total joint replacement surgery can help assist with achieving successful outcomes.
Join us for a free pre-operative patient education class, led by the dedicated team of nurses from our Bone and Joint Center and highly skilled therapists from Garnet Health Medical Center’s rehabilitation program.
ACCESS THE TOTAL JOINT REPLACEMENT CLASS
^After clicking the button above, you will be forwarded to a Zoom meeting recording. Please enter your name, email and this password: garnetcares#4
Additional Pre-operative Resources accessible for download:
OVERVIEW OF WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
- How to prepare for surgery
- What to expect during your pre-surgical testing visit
- What to expect during hospital admission and hospital discharge
- How to prevent post-operative complications and infections
- Anesthesia methods and medications
- Pain management options
- Physical and occupational therapy
- How to prepare your home for a safe recovery
WHO SHOULD PARTICIPATE?
- Patients scheduled for an upcoming joint replacement surgery
- Friends and family members of joint replacement surgery patients, to serve as “coaches”
- Past joint replacement surgery patients
Surgical techniques, pain management options and physical therapy approaches are continually evolving, therefore it is highly recommended that you participate to learn about the most current practices. We recommend participating in the class three to four weeks prior to surgery.
If you experience any issues accessing the class or would like additional information, please call Garnet Health Medical Center’s Bone and Joint Center at 845-333-4150.