Palliative Care at Garnet Health
If you or a loved one is experiencing a chronic condition or life-limiting illness, it’s important to have a compassionate support team that knows what to expect and can guide you and your family. At Garnet Health, our palliative care specialists in Orange and Sullivan counties have unique expertise in helping people with chronic disease manage symptoms, overcome stress and find the community resources they need as they undergo treatment.
Chronic Conditions & Palliative Care
While hospice care seeks to relieve pain and manage symptoms for those with terminal illnesses, palliative care offers symptom relief and comprehensive support for those facing chronic or life-threatening health conditions. Palliative care may be provided alongside curative treatment.
At Garnet Health, our palliative care specialists have years of experience helping patients manage a variety of conditions. You may benefit from palliative care if you have any of the following health issues:
- Heart failure and other cardiac conditions
- Neurological conditions, such as Parkinson’s disease, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), multiple sclerosis, dementia and Alzheimer’s disease
- Pulmonary conditions, such as chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
Receiving palliative care to manage these conditions can help improve your comfort and quality of life, while enabling you to continue to receive treatment.
Palliative Care Services
Garnet Health’s palliative care team tailors services to meet your unique needs. Specialists, nurses and social workers collaborate with your doctors to alleviate your symptoms and stress. Our palliative care services include:
- Advance-directive guidance when you prepare legal documents related to your health
- Case-management services to connect you with valuable community resources, such as support groups
- Family support for your loved ones
- Holistic therapies, such as aromatherapy, pet therapy, reiki therapy and yoga classes
- Nutritional guidance to help you get the vitamins and minerals you need
- Outpatient palliative care to continue treatment after a hospital stay
- Spiritual and pastoral support
- Patient navigators who coordinate appointments, help with paperwork and financial assistance, and provide other services related to your care
- Psychological support to help you manage stress, anxiety and depression
- Social support to keep you engaged with others
- Symptom and palliative condition management
Garnet Health provides patients in Middletown, Harris, Callicoon, NY, and surrounding communities with compassionate, patient-centered palliative care in Orange and Sullivan counties.