Rheumatology at Garnet Health
Persistent muscle and joint swelling should not be overlooked as you maintain your health. These conditions can indicate the presence of rheumatoid arthritis, an autoimmune condition that most often affects the joints in your hands and feet. This inflammation can also be a sign of other autoimmune disorders. Early diagnosis and intervention by our skilled, compassionate rheumatologists at Garnet Health can help you treat and manage your symptoms, as well as prevent further joint damage.
Diagnosis of Rheumatic Conditions
Our expert rheumatologists at Garnet Health treat all manner of autoimmune conditions in our rheumatology clinic. These include:
- Rheumatoid arthritis – This condition causes inflammation of the lining of your joints, leading to discomfort, swelling, pain and potential loss of function.
- Osteoarthritis – More common than rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis causes the cartilage in your joints to break down and the bones to rub against each other.
- Gout – In this form of arthritis, tiny crystals made of uric acid develop in your joints and can cause serious swelling and pain.
- Lupus – This chronic autoimmune disease causes inflammation in various parts of your body, including but not limited to your joints and muscles.
If you or a loved one experiences symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis or another autoimmune illness, speak with your primary care doctor. He or she can evaluate your condition and refer you to a Garnet Health rheumatologist for diagnosis and treatment.
While there is no cure for most types of rheumatic disease, the specialists at Garnet Health offer a wide range of treatment options to help you manage your symptoms and lessen the disease’s impact. Treatment can involve:
- Lifestyle changes, including low-impact exercise
- Homeopathic therapies, such as massage or hot and cold treatments
- Medications targeted for rheumatic conditions, such as anti-inflammatories and corticosteroids
- Injections in the affected joints
- Physical therapy to treat any stiffness or reduction in mobility or function
Rheumatoid Arthritis Specialists Close to Home
Find comprehensive, compassionate care for rheumatoid arthritis and other autoimmune conditions at Garnet Health. Contact your primary care doctor or call 845-333-7575 to learn more about treatment options available to you.
Garnet Health provides advanced rheumatology services at our clinics in Orange and Sullivan Counties, including Middletown and Harris, NY.