Diabetes Self-Management Training Center at Garnet Health Medical Center - Catskills, Harris
Diabetes Care in Harris, NY
Garnet Health Medical Center – Catskills Diabetes Self-Management Training Center has been serving the people in our area with diabetes since 1999. We have been recognized for meeting the National Standards for Diabetes Self-Management Education and Support by the American Diabetes Association since 2001.
Whether you are newly diagnosed or have had diabetes for years, we work with your doctor to design a management plan just for you. We offer comprehensive diabetes training for people with diabetes along with their family members and caregivers. Training topics include:
- Diabetes self-management classes, including topics on exercise, medications, monitoring, sick day management, travel, health promotion, acute and chronic complications, cardiac nutrition and meal planning.
- Diabetes management during pregnancy
- Insulin management including insulin pump therapy
- Nutritional counseling
- Blood glucose monitoring and continuous glucose monitoring
- Diabetes community education programs
- Adult Diabetes Support Group which provides education and support
- Diabetes Prevention Program
For more information, please contact us Monday through Friday at 845-794-3300, extension 2106.