Accessing & Requesting Your Medical Records
The Health Information Management Department is dedicated to the integrity and security of your private health information in accordance with state and federal regulations. There are a few ways to request and access your medical records from Garnet Health Medical Center - by web browser, smartphone, and by written letter request.
- Download the Authorization for Release of Protected Health Information (PHI) form
- Login to MyChart
- MyChart Activation Form
- Download MyChart App for your iPhone
- Download MyChart App on Google Play
If you have questions, or if you are having trouble accessing MyChart, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 845-333-2345.
If you do not have a MyChart account and would like to sign up for this, please download the MyChart Activation Form and return it to the address below.
Garnet Health Medical Center
Health Information Management Department
707 East Main Street
Middletown, NY 10940
Submitting a Written Request for Medical Records
To receive your medical records through written records you will need to submit one of the following to our Health Information Management (HIM) Department:
- A written letter (see instructions below)
- A completed Authorization for Release of Protected Health Information (PHI) form
Writing a Letter to Request Medical Records
To request medical records from Garnet Health Medical Center, you will need to submit a written request to the Health Information Management (HIM) Department. This letter must include the following information:
- Identifying information (your name, date of birth, medical record number (if known)
- The name and address of the individual or institution you wish to receive your records
- The specific information you would like released; you must also include a time frame (example: April 12, 2006 or April 2006 to May 2006) and the type of information (example: Emergency Room Record)
- Signature of the patient or legal guardian and date (Please note: if you are submitting a request on behalf of an adult for whom you are the executor or the power of attorney, you must submit a copy of the appropriate documentation)
- An expiration date for the request. If no date is given, the authorization will expire 1 year after being signed
- A statement that the authorization may be revoked at any time, except to the extent that action has already been taken in reliance on the authorization
- Address your letter to location at which you received care (see mailing addresses below)
Medical record requests are usually processed within seven to ten business days.
Picking Up Your Medical Records
There is no charge to obtain a copy of your medical records. When your medical records are ready for pick-up, you can enter through the main entrance of Garnet Health Medical Center and visit an HIM employee in the Registration area. A photo ID is required when picking up requested information.
HIM representatives are also available to answer any questions you may have during any step of this process. To contact a HIM representative, please contact us at: 845-333-1600
MyChart gives you direct online access to portions of your electronic medical record (EMR) where your doctor stores your health information. Your lab results, appointment information, medications, immunizations and more are all securely stored for quick retrieval.Login to MyChart