If you have any questions about our service or your level of care please speak with your nurse or physician, or call our Patient Experience & Advocacy Department at:
Garnet Health Medical Center: 845-333-1164
Garnet Health Medical Center - Catskills: 845-794-3300, ext. 2185
Supporting Our Patients Through a Spectrum of Care
At Garnet Health, we're dedicated to improving the health and well-being of our patients. To us, success goes beyond clinical. It means supporting our patients holistically, being there for them spiritually and religiously, and offering specialized individuals to give special attention to our patients that needs us the most. Our support services and programs include:
- Case management, case managers are assigned our patients and their families to assist with discharge, post-hospital planning, community resources, and to ensure a safe return home.
- Patient experience, a Patient Experience Navigator’s role is to listen to concerns, explore and implement solutions to help patients resolve issues that may emerge during their hospital stay.
- Patient navigator program, patient navigators are specially-trained to help guide and support you and your family through your cancer care treatment and recovery.
- Spiritual Care, our Pastoral Care Program caters to all faiths. We offer locations for prayer, thought and reflection.
- Holistic therapies, we provide a variety of complementary therapies, such as aromatherapy, reiki, and much more.
- Healing Art Program, we believe in the beneficial effects of art in a healing setting, and artwork is integrated throughout all spaces to create a sense of well-being and renewal.
Your hospital physician, also known as a “hospitalist,” is a board certified internist or family practitioner who devotes his or her practice to the care of hospitalized patients. Hospitalist care for patients who have been referred from primary care doctors, emergency room doctors, or other physicians at the hospital. They do not see patients outside the hospital. Hospitalists are entirely focused on the care and safety of hospitalized patients, and are available in the hospital throughout the day.
In addition to managing and coordinating your care in the hospital, your Hospitalist can answer your questions and address any concerns you may have in a timely manner. Plus, by being familiar with every specialist and department in the hospital, the Hospitalist can promptly follow up on test results and treatments. This results in high quality care for you.
The Hospitalist Service also employs a Patient Care Coordinator that works on your behalf. She works with you and the hospital staff to ensure an excellent hospital stay while working towards a smooth transition for your day of discharge.
A convenient option for patients, the general public and staff. It offers a full range of prescription medication services, including personalized pharmacist services.Find a Pharmacy
With our support groups, education classes, and events, we strive to support and play a positive, active role in our community. Check our calendar and join us!Learn more