Nursing at Garnet Health
The nursing department at Garnet Health strives to deliver excellence though research, outcome improvement and excellence in practice. Our nurses practice in a multitude of settings and have the backing of nursing leadership to function autonomously in their coordination and collaboration. Front line staff work with education and leaders to improve our processes for measuring and improving the quality and delivery of care.
Our Mission, Vision and Values
Nursing will improve the health of our community by providing exceptional healthcare.
Nurses are caring professionals driven by standards of excellence who go above and beyond to provide an exceptional patient care experience.
- Patient and families first.
- Respect and Civility
- Honesty, integrity and transparency in action.
- Operational excellence, teamwork collaboration and communication.
- An impeccable healing environment.
Along with our many other awards and distinctions, we were very proud that Garnet Health Medical Center is recognized for the second time by the American Nursing Credentialing Center as a Magnet Hospital. Garnet Health Medical Center is the only hospital in Orange County to achieve Magnet redesignation. This honor is the highest and most prestigious distinction a hospital can earn for nursing excellence and high-quality patient care. Our nurses are the heart of Garnet Health Medical Center.
- We are inspired by Transformational Leadership.
- Our leadership teams collaborate closely with our clinical nursing staff to maintain our mission, vision and values.
- We are based on Structural Empowerment.
- Through structural empowerment, we maintain our nursing excellence with continued professional growth, development and community involvement.
- We embody Exemplary Professional Practice.
- Our nursing professional practice model, C.A.R.E.I.N.G guides the delivery of our care to our patients through safe and ethical practice.
- We embrace New Knowledge, Innovations and Improvements.
- Our nurses are encouraged to integrate technology, evidence-based practice and research into everyday practice.