Current Volunteers: At Garnet Health Medical Center, we not only value your time, dedication and work that you all do for our patients and staff, but we also value your wellbeing. Your safety is of the utmost importance to us and for that reason it is now mandatory that you complete a health acknowledgement each day that you are scheduled to volunteer prior to the beginning of your shift.
Please find the daily health acknowledgement form here:
FILL OUT FORM
Garnet Health Medical Center offers a friendly environment and a broad range of opportunities to its volunteers. Our volunteers provide invaluable assistance to our patients, visitors and staff throughout our facilities. Garnet Health volunteers use their special talents to contribute to the well-being of our community.
Garnet Health offers volunteer assignments in medical and support areas throughout the hospital and outpatient facilities. If you are you are not sure about how you may fit in, contact us and we can help you choose an opportunity based on your background and experience. A few examples of our assignments are below:
- Surgical Waiting Area;
- Emergency Department;
- Front Desk Reception and Greeters;
- Gift Shop and Hospitality Cart;
- Art and Activity Programs;
- Information and Registration Desks;
- Nursing Professional Practice, Medical Education and Legal.
Garnet Health Medical Center is so proud to work with almost 400 dedicated and engaged volunteers from across Orange County, the Hudson Valley, and beyond. We look for volunteers committed to our mission of improving the health of our community by providing exceptional healthcare. To become a Garnet Health Volunteer, there are several requirements which in include the following:
- A minimum commitment of 60 service hours;
- A commitment of one four (4) hour shift per week;
- All applicants must be interviewed by Volunteer Services staff and orientation, and adult applicants must complete and clear a background screening;
- All volunteers must receive medical clearance and be vaccinated against COVID-19. Proof of vaccination must be presented to Employee Health during the medical clearance process;
- All volunteers are required to participate in department specific training and annual education.
Apply to our Volunteer Programs
HIGH SCHOOL VOLUNTEER PROGRAM - The high school program is now accepting applications for the 2021 Academic year. The application will close at 5:00 pm on Tuesday, August 31st. We will be in touch for a New Volunteer Orientation session where you can ask any programmatic questions. Orientation will be held on Monday, October 11th.
To apply for either High School program, please visit: https://careers-garnethealth.icims.com/jobs/21962/high-school-volunteer-program---academic-year%2c-2021-2022/job
Thank you for your interest in volunteering at Garnet Health Medical Center!
Manager, Volunteer Services
Coordinator, Volunteer Services