Cancer Care at Garnet Health
If you’re at risk for or have been diagnosed with cancer, it’s crucial to have a skilled, compassionate team on your side to give you the best possible treatment and aftercare using advanced therapies. Garnet Health’s full-service, nationally accredited cancer care is available to you at two convenient locations — the Spagnoli Family Cancer Center at Garnet Health Medical Center and the Oncology and Hematology Program at Garnet Health Medical Center – Catskills.
With advanced screening and diagnostic services, leading-edge treatment options, innovative research, support and survivorship programs, and caring professionals dedicated to helping you succeed, Garnet Health has everything you need to take on cancer without leaving the Hudson Valley. Our oncology facilities have received accreditation through the Commission on Cancer of the American College of Surgeons, which means the cancer teams at Garnet Health are poised to provide the most advanced cancer care you may need.
Our doctors specialize in diagnosing and treating many types of cancer, such as:
If your primary care doctor or OB-GYN conducts a physical exam and detects a lump or abnormality, they may order laboratory testing, such as a urine or blood test, and if needed, a biopsy collection for further analysis. Additionally, you may be sent to Garnet Health’s certified diagnostic imaging nurses for a variety of diagnostic scans and tests, such as:
Our oncology staff is committed to your comfort and safety. We understand what you are going through and are well-equipped to provide you with expert treatment and compassionate support.
Cancer Treatments & Procedures
From early detection and precise diagnosis to high-tech cancer treatments and comprehensive support, Garnet Health provides the oncology services you need to navigate your next steps. Our cancer care teams specialize in the following treatments:
- Ablation therapy: This minimally invasive procedure uses extreme temperatures to remove tumors. Treatments include HALO radiofrequency ablation and Yttrium 90 (Y90) radio ablation.
- Brachytherapy: This is a localized radiation therapy, often used in tandem with teleradiography.
- Chemotherapy: Administered by oncology nurses and medical oncologists, chemotherapy administers medications that inhibit cancer cells from reproducing and resulting in tumors.
- Infusion therapy: Garnet Health’s Outpatient Infusion Therapy Center offers a comfort-focused environment with refreshments, reclined seating and linens, television access, and garden views for patients in need of IV antibiotics, vitamin deficiency injections, chemotherapy, Tysabri antibody infusions and other injections.
- Radiation therapy: The Eleanor T. Snow Radiation Oncology Center at Garnet Health Medical Center in Middletown provides radiation therapy. Treatments include external beam radiation therapy, image-guided radiation therapy (IGRT), intensity-modulated radiation therapy (IMRT), stereotactic radiosurgery, TrueBeam technologies and more.
- Surgical oncology: In many cases, surgery is needed to remove tumors, and our specialists employ leading-edge techniques to speed recovery time.
At Garnet Health, our educational resources and support will position you to be an active, partner in your care. These resources include health assessments, screening events, patient navigators, a comprehensive cancer rehabilitation program and a cancer survivorship support system.
Why Choose Garnet Health for Cancer Care?
We understand that choosing where to receive cancer care and whom to trust with helping you through your cancer journey are two of the most important decisions you can make. Garnet Health’s oncology facilities are accredited by the American College of Radiology and our radiation oncology department, colorectal cancer department and overall cancer prevention efforts have been recognized for their specialized capabilities.
Getting the Oncology Care You Need
We are here to serve you and your oncology needs, as well as help you learn more about your care options at Garnet Health. Find a cancer care specialist today by calling 845-333-7575.
Garnet Health provides expert cancer care in Orange and Sullivan counties, including Middletown, Harris and Callicoon, NY.