Breast Cancer Services at Garnet Health
Annual mammograms help detect early signs of breast cancer, making them an essential part of a woman’s healthcare regimen. At Garnet Health, we know how fundamentally important it is to detect cancer as soon as possible and begin treating you right away.
Garnet Health offers individualized, patient-focused breast cancer care services for you and your loved ones, including state-of-the-art diagnostics, early cancer detection services, treatment, counseling and other breast care. From routine mammograms to late-stage breast cancer treatment, our compassionate doctors and nurses have the expertise and advanced technology to deliver personalized care when you need it most.
Garnet Health’s oncology program is accredited by the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer and meets the highest quality standards for breast cancer prevention, early breast-cancer diagnosis, optimal treatment and rehabilitation, recurrent disease surveillance, and compassionate support services.
Breast Cancer Diagnosis & Treatment
At Garnet Health, your care is our top priority. Breast cancer can affect anyone, making it even more important to maintain regular breast-health screenings, such as mammograms. Common risk factors include:
- Being older than age 50
- Family or personal history of cancer
- History of abnormal breast biopsies
Collaboration between our diagnostic imaging teams and oncology care specialists enhances our leading-edge cancer screening and diagnostic technologies. After you receive a diagnosis, our oncology teams will begin crafting your care plan, which is specifically tailored to your needs and medical history. Our breast-health diagnostic services include, but are not limited to:
- Breast biopsy, including fine needle aspiration (FNA), ultrasound-guided FNA and stereotactic vacuum-assisted breast biopsy
- The Affirm® prone biopsy system, to identify lesions that otherwise may be difficult to detect
- The Brevera® system, which provides real-time imaging for breast biopsies
- Breast MRI
- Breast ultrasound
- Galactogram or ductography
- Mammography services, such as two-dimensional and three-dimensional (3D) mammography
At Garnet Health, we know how important it is to have expert diagnostic teams to identify any abnormalities. Our breast-center technical staff members are licensed by New York State and certified by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists, giving you peace of mind that your care team members are experts in their craft.
Your breast-cancer treatment plan may encompass any of the following techniques:
- Breast surgeries, including mammaplasty, breast-conserving surgery, partial or radical mastectomy, lumpectomy (assisted by the SAVI SCOUT® system), and breast reconstruction
- Hormone therapy
- Localized radiation
- Radiation therapy, such as external beam radiation therapy and brachytherapy.
Radiation therapy treatment plans may also included protective techniques, such as the Deep Inhalation Breath Hold (DIBH).
Breast Cancer Support Group
The Breast Cancer Support Group is for patients whose lives have been affected by breast cancer. The support group setting will provide education, resources and bring together people who have a similar diagnosis in a confidential setting to share experiences, concerns and fears as they battle breast cancer together.
Breast Cancer Support & Resources
We understand it may be very difficult to cope with a diagnosis. We are here for you every step of the way. At Garnet Health, we provide extensive supportive and educational resources to help you navigate treatment and follow-up care. These include :
- Cancer registry: Pay it forward with our cancer registry, which provides important data to regional and national cancer agencies in order to improve federal cancer treatment recommendations and share valuable information for researchers to analyze.
- Cancer survivorship: Going through cancer treatment is hard on you physically, as well as mentally and emotionally. Our survivorship support system helps patients, survivors and their loved ones regain quality of life after a cancer diagnosis.
- Cancer rehabilitation: Our TRAQ (Training & Recovery for Achieving Quality of Life) Program helps cancer patients transition out of treatment and into the next phase of recovery. The program seeks to mitigate the lasting impacts of cancer treatment and continuously improve your quality of life.
- Patient navigators: Garnet Health offers this one-on-one service to help coordinate appointments, explain treatments, deal with insurance and payment, and connect you with support resources.
Personalized Breast Cancer Care
The specialists at Garnet Health are here to answer your questions about breast cancer prevention and treatment. Arrange a consultation with a primary care doctor or contact the Ray W. Moody, MD Breast Center by calling 845-333-7040.
Garnet Health provides full-spectrum care for breast cancer in Orange and Sullivan counties, including Middletown, Harris and Callicoon, NY.
Cancer Treatment Services
Our goal is to not only provide excellent clinical care, but to provide support for the whole person—we are here to help in the journey from cancer patient to cancer survivor.Learn More
Patient Information & Resources
We provide a variety of patient resources online regarding your patient rights, billing, so you can get a jump start on your stay or appointment.View Resources
707 East Main Street
Middletown, NY 10940
707 East Main Street
Middletown, NY 10940
68 Harris Bushville Road
Harris, NY 12742