Garnet Health provides comprehensive prostate cancer care in communities throughout Orange and Sullivan Counties.Find a Provider Location Search
Prostate Cancer Treatment at Garnet Health
The Prostate Cancer Program at Garnet Health is dedicated to comprehensive and customized care for people with prostate cancer. We are committed to providing patients and their families with the highest quality and most comprehensive care available.
We employ cutting-edge technologies through every phase of diagnosis and treatment, such as:
- Prostate Biopsy - Garnet Health Medical Center offers innovative technology that has significant improvements over Transrectal ulstrasound (TRUS) biopsies and enhances our ability to diagnose and treat prostate cancer. The UroNav Fusion Biopsy System combines magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) with ultrasound to produce 3-D, real-time images of the prostate.
- Robotic Surgery for Prostate - our surgeons at Garnet Health Medical Center now offer a minimally-invasive option for prostatectomy, or the removal of prostate cancer by surgically removing the prostate gland.
About Prostate Cancer
Prostate cancer is one of the most common cancer among men. About 1 man in 9 will be diagnosed with prostate cancer during his lifetime. The American Cancer Society’s estimates for prostate cancer in the United States for 2020 are:
- About 191,930 new cases of prostate cancer
- About 33,330 deaths from prostate cancer
Screening for Prostate Cancer
The American Cancer Society (ACS) recommends that men have a chance to make an informed decision with their health care provider about whether to be screened for prostate cancer. The discussion about screening should take place at:
- Age 50 for men who are at average risk of prostate cancer and are expected to live at least 10 more years.
- Age 45 for men at high risk of developing prostate cancer. This includes African Americans and men who have a first-degree relative (father or brother) diagnosed with prostate cancer at an early age (younger than age 65).
- Age 40 for men at even higher risk (those with more than one first-degree relative who had prostate cancer at an early age).
For more information or to speak with a urologist, call Garnet Health Doctors at 845-333-7575.
Cancer Treatment Services
Our goal is to not only provide excellent clinical care, but to provide support for the whole person—we are here to help in the journey from cancer patient to cancer survivor.Learn more
Patient Information & Resources
We provide a variety of patient resources online regarding your patient rights, billing, so you can get a jump start on your stay or appointment.View Resources
Education & Support
From cancer support groups and screenings to our clinical trials program, we provide comprehensive cancer care. If you or a loved one has cancer, count on Garnet Health's experienced physicians, compassionate staff and live-saving technologies to fight the battle, together with you.
Oncology & Hematology Treatment Center at Garnet Health Medical Center - Catskills
68 Harris Bushville Road
Harris, NY 12742
Spagnoli Family Cancer Center at Garnet Health Medical Center
707 East Main Street
Middletown, NY 10940