We offer advanced diagnostic imaging tools at all three of our hospital locations in Middletown, Harris and Callicoon, NY.Location Search Access Test Results in MyChart
CT Scans at Garnet Health
We offer advanced diagnostic imaging tools at all three of our hospital locations in Middletown, Harris and Callicoon, NY. Imaging technology provides physicians the proper tools to detect and care for specific diseases at a faster pace. With the ability to diagnose neurological disorders, make an earlier cancer diagnosis, determine the stage of cancer and plan the right course of precise treatment.
These enhanced scans can improve the quality of life for each patient and ultimately increase the chance of recovery.
- Garnet Health Medical Center - Offers patients Positron Emission Tomography and Computerized Tomography (PET/CT), which is a state-of-the-art diagnostic imaging tool that allows physicians to pinpoint the location of a disease within the body before making treatment recommendations. To schedule your appointment please call the Garnet Health Medical Center centralized scheduling department at 845-333-7900. The PET/CT department is open Monday - Friday 6:30 AM - 5:00 PM, and one Saturday a month from 7:00 AM - 3:00 PM.
- Garnet Health Medical Center – Catskills - A CT-certified technologist is on site 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and specially-trained registered nurses staff the facility during scheduled hours. To schedule an appointment or for additional information, please call 845-333-8378
- Our Harris campus features a state-of-the-art computed tomography (CT) system, the LightSpeed® VCT 64-configured system from GE Healthcare is one of the most technologically advanced diagnostic tools available for helping physicians reach confident diagnoses to provide the best patient care.
- In Callicoon, we offer our LightSpeed® 16-slice CT system from GE Healthcare giving western Sullivan County and its surrounding communities access to nearby CT imaging services.
How CT Scans Work
- 64-slice CT system - Delivers high quality images of the brain, heart, musculoskeletal system, spine and vascular system. Additionally, the new system provides high-tech 3D angiography, which allows the radiologist to image various organs and vascular areas using only an IV injection, avoiding more invasive procedures. This advanced CT technology incorporates improved resolution and lowers the radiation dose by 30 to 40 percent over conventional CT systems.
- 16-slice CT system - Delivers high quality images of the brain, heart, musculoskeletal system, spine and vascular system. The images allow physicians to see inside the body without using surgery. CT exams are used when people are ill or injured, or when a physician suspects a medical problem that is not easily detected from a conventional physical examination.
The highly precise PET/CT scan integrates metabolic and anatomical data to illustrate the biology of disorders at the molecular level while simultaneously being able to specifically locate abnormal growths and/or changes in the body structure. During this procedure, the patient is given a small amount of a radioactive tracer through an IV. As the tracer travels through your blood stream, it collects in organs and tissues, giving off emissions, or signals, that are measured by the PET scanner and developed into 3D images for your health care provider to analyze and use in diagnosis.
Receiving Test Results
Once images are taken, they are immediately available for review by your doctor through our secure Web viewer. Test results are delivered electronically via our GE IntegradWeb Picture Archive Computer System (PACS) to aid in fast diagnosis. To request a copy of your diagnostic imaging exam, call us at: 845-333-1222
You may also login to your MyChart account to view your results.
Garnet Health Medical Center - Catskills, Callicoon Campus
8881 Route 97
Callicoon, NY 12723
Garnet Health Medical Center - Catskills, Harris Campus
68 Harris Bushville Road
Harris, NY 12742