Garnet Health provides comprehensive radiation therapy treatments to our communities throughout Orange and Sullivan Counties.Find a Provider Location Search
Radiation Therapy for Cancer Treatment
Garnet Health offers radiation therapy services at Garnet Health Medical Center's Eleanor T. Snow Radiation Oncology Center, which is dedicated to commemorate the life of Eleanor T. Snow. Our center is accredited by the American College of Radiology (ACR).
Radiation therapy is a key element in the treatment of cancer. Fifty to sixty percent of patients diagnosed with cancer receive some form of curative or palliative radiation treatment during the course of their disease. Today, hundreds of thousands of patients are free of cancer as a result of having radiation treatments alone or in combination with surgery and/or chemotherapy.
To contact our radiation therapy team, please call: 845-333-2326.
A Highly-Skilled Team with State-of-the-art Technology
Our Center’s highly-specialized radiation oncology team consists of board certified physicians, a physicist, dosimetrist, radiation therapists, nurses and support staff who take great pride in their ongoing Performance Improvement Program. This program enables the staff to continually and systematically improve patient outcomes and care; identify opportunities for improvement; and organize, collect data, and promote analysis of that data.
Radiation Therapy Treatment & Technology
The treatment of cancer with ionizing radiation is a complex process requiring careful clinical evaluation, therapeutic decision making, treatment planning, simulation, selection of the appropriate modality, clinical care during treatment, and follow-up. To provide the best patient care requires highly-trained personnel and sophisticated, state-of-the-art equipment.
- External Beam Radiation Therapy - Referring to radiation therapy through which ionizing radiation is administered from an external source. This is most commonly referred to as “external beam therapy.”
- Image Guided Radiation Therapy (IGRT) - Allows our on-site radiation oncologists to precisely treat tumors and limit exposing healthy tissue to unnecessary radiation.
- Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy - An advanced mode of high-precision radiotherapy that utilizes computer-controlled linear accelerators to deliver precise radiation doses to a malignant tumor or specific areas within the tumor.
- Brachytherapy - The procedure(s) of placing the prescribed radioactive source directly on or near the affected site via surgical procedure or catheter.
- The TrueBeam™ System - TrueBeam is engineered to deliver powerful image-guided radiotherapy and radiosurgery treatments for cancer with pinpoint accuracy and precision.
- Stereotactic Radiosurgery - A nonsurgical procedure that uses precisely focused, high-dose radiation beams to be delivered to a small, localized area of the brain.
Acutely aware of the importance of caring for the “total” patient, the oncology team utilizes a multidisciplinary approach to patient care, working very closely with all related ancillary departments such as physical and occupational rehabilitation therapies, nutrition services, and case management as well as outside agencies such as Hospice.
If you or a loved one has cancer, count on our experienced physicians, compassionate staff and live-saving technologies to fight the battle, together with you.Learn more
With advanced diagnostic services, leading-edge treatment, support programs, Garnet Health has everything you need to take on cancer without leaving the Hudson Valley.Learn more
Spagnoli Family Cancer Center at Garnet Health Medical Center
707 East Main Street
Middletown, NY 10940