To learn more or to schedule an appointment, contact our Urology Department in Middletown at 845-333-7575 or Harris at 845-794-0996.Find a Provider Search Locations
Prostate Biopsy Program
Prostate biopsy, a procedure that uses a needle to remove tiny pieces of prostate tissue, is used to diagnose prostate cancer.
Urology Care at Garnet Health
Some health conditions are more private than others, urologic diseases (those that deal with the urinary tract and related matters) included. Urinary related issues are common and can happen to anyone - from children to adults. When left untreated, these issues can move from temporary discomforts to major problems. Don’t suffer in silence. Garnet Health’s experienced, expert urologists are here to help.
Diagnosing Urologic Conditions
Garnet Health’s team of expert urologists are skilled at diagnosing and treating a wide range of urologic concerns including:
- Incontinence – A common condition in which patients experience a loss of bladder control that results in leaking urine.
- Benign prostatic hyperplasia – A common condition in men involving an enlarged prostate that expands down and partially blocks the urethra, weakening the bladder and causing it to lose its ability to completely empty of urine.
- Voiding dysfunction – This term covers a range of conditions in which you have difficulties emptying your bladder.
- Erectile dysfunction (ED) – A condition that causes a patient to experience difficulties getting or keeping an erection.
- Urologic cancers – This includes cancer cells developing in or around the urinary system, including prostate cancer, bladder cancer, testicular cancer and renal cancer.
- Kidney stones – These small, hard deposits of minerals and acid salts may form in your kidneys. They come in a range of sizes and can cause pain and discomfort. Your urologist may recommend a treatment called lithotripsy to break up kidney stones too large to pass on their own.
After the urology specialists at Garnet Health identify the cause of your issues, the team will craft a care plan specially designed for you. Some common urologic treatments we specialize in include:
- Medications, such as antibiotics
- Hormone treatment
- Directed inhibitors to treat ED
- Chemotherapy for urologic cancers
- Surgery, including minimally invasive laparoscopic procedures
Prostate Biopsy Program
Prostate biopsy, a procedure that uses a needle to remove tiny pieces of prostate tissue, is used to diagnose prostate cancer. Our Prostate Biopsy Program is led by board-certified urologist Samuel Abourbih, MD, FRCSC, a highly skilled member of Garnet Health Doctors’ Department of Urology.
Urologic Care Close to Home
Find expert urologic care for conditions, such as incontinence and benign prostatic hyperplasia, at Garnet Health. Contact your primary care doctor or call 845-333-7575 in Middletown or 845-333-8909 in Harris to schedule an appointment with a urologist near you.
Garnet Health provides expert urologic care in Orange and Sullivan Counties, including Middletown and Harris, NY.