Behavioral Health Patients Bill Of Rights
While you are in this program, you have rights which may not be limited. These include:
- A safe and sanitary environment.
- A balanced an nutritious diet.
- Appropriate personal clothing from home.
- Practice of religion.
- Freedom from abuse and mistreatment by employees or other residents of the facility.
- Adequate grooming and personal hygiene supplies.
- A reasonable amount of safe storage space for clothing and other personal property.
- A reasonable degree of privacy in sleeping, bathing and toileting areas.
- Receiving visitors at reasonable times, authorizing those family members and other adults who will be given priority to visit, suitable areas for visiting to take place, and communicating freely with persons within or outside the facility.
- Appropriate medical and dental care
- Management of your paint
- An individualized treatment plan and participation in the development of that plan including the opportunity to request the participation of a relative, close friend or other person concerned with your welfare if you are sixteen years of age or older.
- Requesting contact with a representative of the Bioetchis Committee.
Please direct any questions or concerns to:
Facility/Director Designee: Dr. Carlos Rueda, MD
Office Address: 707 East Main Street, Middletown, NY 10940
Office Telephone: 845-333-2260 or 845-333-2268
- Commission on Quality Care: 1-800-624-4143
- Mental Hygiene Legal Service: 845-374-4716
- New York State Office of Mental Health Consumer Relations: 1-800-597-8481