Neurosurgery at Garnet Health
While many people think of neurosurgeons as "brain surgeons," the majority of operations that our neurosurgeons perform are on the spine. Regardless of the type of surgery you need, rest assured that our highly trained surgeons will perform thorough medical assessments to determine exactly the care you need.
It can be difficult to deal with a brain- or spine-related problem, especially if neurosurgery is necessary. However, you or your loved one can confidently turn to the highly skilled, compassionate surgeons at Garnet Health in Middletown, NY, for a procedure performed with care.
Neurosurgery Needs, Procedures & Aftercare
Conditions Requiring a Neurosurgeon
Some common reasons for neurosurgery include:
- Strokes or bleeding in the brain
- Benign or cancerous brain and spinal tumors
- Spinal conditions such as tethered spinal cords, herniated discs and osteoarthritis
- Head, neck and spine injuries
- Seizures, epilepsy and movement disorders
- Neurological disorders such as Parkinson's disease
- Certain types of chronic pain
Brain & Spinal Surgeries at Garnet Health
Garnet Health's dedicated team of neurosurgeons perform a variety of minimally invasive spinal procedures, including:
- Cervical, thoracic and lumbar microdiscectomy
- Cervical, thoracic and lumbar fusions for both degenerative and traumatic conditions
- Oncologic spine surgery
- Stereotactic computer navigated spinal surgery
- Surgery for advanced traumatic spinal injury
Aftercare & Rehabilitation
After your surgery is completed, Garnet Health will put you on the right path to recovery. After the proper rest, you may require rehabilitation services, which can be provided by our qualified team of therapists. Garnet Health Medical Center in Middletown offers both advanced inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation treatment, so we will create a personally tailored treatment plan for your post-surgery care.
Residents of Orange and Sullivan Counties can receive specialized and attentive care from the board-certified neurosurgeons at Garnet Health in Middletown, NY.
After injury or a surgery, patients must re-engage nerves and relearn what was once automatic. We offer a comprehensive range of high-quality services and state-of-the-art rehabilitation equipment.Learn more