Stanley S. Dunkelman, M.D. Diabetes Treatment Center at Garnet Health Medical Center
Diabetes Treatment & Education in Middletown, NY
Since 1995, the Stanley S. Dunkelman, M.D. Diabetes Treatment Center has been serving the people in our area with diabetes. The Center earned American Diabetes Association recognition in 1998 and has maintained their accreditation since that time. Our team consists of nationally-certified diabetes educators who hold degrees in nutrition and nursing and are certified in many new advanced technologies including insulin pumps and glucose sensors.
Diabetes self-management education is an integral component of medical care. Working with your medical provider, the Center's team develops an individualized program that includes a broad range of treatment and education components:
- Diabetes self-management classes, including topics on exercise, medications, monitoring, sick day management, travel, health promotion, acute and chronic complications, cardiac nutrition and meal planning.
- Diabetes management during pregnancy
- Insulin management including insulin pump therapy
- Nutritional counseling
- Blood glucose monitoring and continuous glucose monitoring
- Diabetes community education programs
- Support groups
- Diabetes Prevention Program
Our pump certifications include: Animas (One Touch Ping), Medtronic, Insulet (Omni Pod) and CozMore.
The Garnet Health Medical Center Dunkelman Diabetes Center is an excellent resource for people with diabetes at any stage. You can benefit if you:
- Just found out you have diabetes or pre-diabetes
- Have had diabetes for some time and are having difficulty with blood sugar control
- Have developed complications related to diabetes
- Are interested in the latest technologies and treatments, including insulin pump therapy and continuous glucose monitoring
- Have developed diabetes during pregnancy
- Just want to be more informed about your health
The Stanley S. Dunkelman, M.D. Diabetes Treatment Center is specially staffed and equipped to give you the next best thing to a cure - control. We offer you the education, skills and support you need to take control of your life!