Inpatient Rehabilitation Services
Moving and Motivating Patients Toward Independence
The Inpatient Rehabilitation Unit at Garnet Health Medical Center provides state-of-the-art physical and cognitive rehabilitation to adult patients who have had a debilitating illness, acute injury or recent surgery.
Our inpatient rehabilitation program provides comprehensive medical and rehabilitation services to help patients achieve their maximum level of function and independence. We provide modern facilities, equipment and programs designed to meet your needs in a caring and healing environment.
Accredited Rehabilitation Facility
Commission on Accreditation for Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF)
Our rehabilitation team's ongoing dedication and commitment have assured the program's conformations to all CARF standards. This accreditation demonstrates an established pattern of practice excellence which has spanned nearly 30 years of service.
Garnet Health Medical Center is dedicated to helping individuals live their lives to the fullest despite impairments caused by trauma, illness, neurological conditions or surgery. We combine a healing environment with individualized care to meet each patient’s unique needs to maximize recovery.
Developing comprehensive, personalized treatment plans that maximize recovery.
From our physical and occupational therapists to our psychiatrists, certified rehab nurses, registered dietitians, speech pathologists and case managers, our rehabilitation team works together to develop a comprehensive plan for each patient with the goal of maximizing your recovery.
Our staff work closely with each patient who has suffered the loss of a limb(s) to help restore strength and confidence and enable them to resume function, mobility and build an independent and rewarding life.
Body Weight & Balance Technology
Our state-of-the-art robotic body weight support system tracks patient movement from above and uses dynamic body-weight support to partially unweight the patient in a “reduced gravity” environment. This prevents falls for patients practicing activities such as walking, balance exercises, sit-to-stand transfers, getting up from the floor, and negotiating stairs during their rehabilitation process. The assistive technology is designed to give patients the peace of mind to focus on improving functional independence without the fear of falling.
Brain Injury Rehabilitation
Is specially designed to address the unique recovery needs of brain injury survivors. Patients benefit from a program that is tailored to the physical and functional limitations, cognitive impairments and emotional difficulties.
Assists patients who have suffered strokes, trauma, illness, injuries, or surgery that has resulted in decreased mobility and independence.
Joint Replacement and Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Helps restore range of motion, strength, mobility, flexibility, endurance and self-care skills to enable you to resume an active lifestyle.
A person can be greatly affected by an injury or disease of the nervous system. Rehabilitation focuses on aiding a person’s recovery and helping that individual to live a more normal, active and independent life.
Spinal Cord Injury Rehabilitation
Our team focuses therapy to enable improved function, mobility, self-care and to develop strategies for independent living and community reentry.
The goal of our program is to help stroke survivors relearn skills, our program is individualized for each patient to progress them as their abilities improve.
The type(s) of therapy you receive will depend upon your diagnosis and goals during your stay. Most patients receive three hours of therapy daily (Monday-Friday). Some therapies are available on Saturday. Each of your therapists will meet with you to discuss the time and place of a scheduled therapy session. A master schedule is posted near the nurses station for reference.
Please note: your schedule may be modified as your improve and/or your needs change.
Sample Inpatient Rehabilitation Schedule
- 7:30 - BREAKFAST
- 8:00 - OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY
- 9:00 - PHYSICAL THERAPY
- 10:00 - SPEECH PATHOLOGY
- 10:30 - OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY
- 11:00 - GROUP EXERCISE
- 12:00 - LUNCH
- 1:30 - PHYSICAL THERAPY
- 3:00 - PHYSICAL THERAPY
- 3:30 - OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY
Your family & caregivers are a very important aspect of your rehabilitation process and we encourage them to observe and participate in various therapy sessions during regular visiting hours.
Why Choose Garnet Health Medical Center?
Our Successful Patient Track Record
Our 2022 track record indicates great outcomes for the patients we care for on the Rehabilitation Unit - here are some highlights:
- 72.1% of our patients are discharged directly home after their rehabilitation stay
- 13.9 days was the average length of stay
We treated patients with a wide range of diagnoses:
- 37% of our patients spent time with us for orthopedic rehabilitation including hip fractures or multi-trauma
- 23% patients received rehabilitation for a stroke
- 22% of our patients received rehabilitation for neurological conditions including brain injury and spinal cord injury
- 18% of our patients received rehabilitation for diagnoses such as amputation, Guillain- Barre, Multiple Sclerosis, Parkinson's Disease and other complex conditions
What Our Patients are Saying
- 88% of our patients would recommend the Garnet Health Medical Center In-Patient Rehabilitation Program to others1
- 98% of patients surveyed following discharge indicated the staff prepared them well for discharge and no additional preparation was needed2
- 88% of patients surveyed 90-days post discharge reported they maintained or improved their functional status3
Patient Survey Comments1
- "The nursing staff & aides were incredible. They were the best I have ever seen."
- "All physical therapists were professional, encouraging & so instrumental in my recovery (healing) process -"
- "The staff was very caring, attentive and treated my mother with dignity and love."
- "Dr. Gulfo is truly a golden asset to Garnet Health Medical Center. He's down-to-earth, accessibly and was TOTALLY on top of my case."
- "During my entire stay, I felt safe, secure & very well taken care of. Any needs that I had were immediately addressed."
- "My entire experience was outstanding, EVERY person was wonderful & performed their duties with excellence. Cannot thank you enough."
1 2022 Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey results for Garnet Health Medical Center In-Patient Rehabilitation Unit
2 2022 Nexus Health Resources post-discharge patient survey results for Garnet Health Medical Center In-Patient Rehabilitation patients
3 2022 Annual Outcomes Report for All Rehab Impairment Codes, IT HealthTrack, Inc.
Quality Rehabilitation Services in Middletown, NY
For nearly 30 years, Garnet Health Medical Center’s Inpatient Rehabilitation has provided quality care and has helped people return to a more active lifestyle. Every patient is evaluated and receives an individualized treatment plan, which includes desired goals and outcomes and the time frame necessary to achieve these results.
After an injury or illness, recovery can be a long and difficult road. The multidisciplinary team at Garnet Health Medical Center is focused on helping you restore function, reduce pain and return you to a place where you can enjoy your lifestyle again. Our team looks to include your loved ones in your recovery with education, support and training.
Should you have any questions about your stay at Garnet Health Medical Center or about planning to visit a family or friend who is a patient, do not hesitate to contact us at 845-333-1000.
Garnet Health Medical Center - Catskills, Callicoon Campus
8881 Route 97
Callicoon, NY 12723
Garnet Health Medical Center - Catskills, Harris Campus
68 Harris Bushville Road
Harris, NY 12742