Birthing Center in Harris, NY
The Family Birthing Center at Garnet Health Medical Center - Catskills is the choice of patients and families who want to have their baby in a comfortable, homelike setting. The Birthing Center is the next best thing to being home for your special delivery. Our goal is to provide you with a wonderful patient experience and exceptional healthcare while making your stay as comfortable as possible. You and your family are part of your healthcare team.
Garnet Health Medical Center - Catskills' Birthing Center is located on our main campus and is a beautiful environment to welcome new life. Our modern, state-of-the-art facility offers advanced equipment, as well as the comforts of home. We take pride in offering a patient-centered, warm and welcoming atmosphere dedicated to enhancing the joys of childbirth.
The Family Birthing Center is a locked unit.
Please share with your family and friends the visiting hours on the unit of 12:30 pm - 8:30 pm. Visitors will be asked to ring the bell at the entrance to the unit and will be granted entrance as soon as possible. Patience in gaining entrance is appreciated, as staff are caring for our patients.
- The number of visitors on the unit is at the discretion of the staff on duty.
- Children who are visiting must be supervised at all times.
- Children under the age of 12 will be permitted to visit laboring or delivering patients at the discretion of the healthcare providers and based on patient care needs.
- To ensure new mothers and newborns get a good night's rest, only significant others are allowed to spend the night.
- Due to hospital policies, video and photography during labor and delivery are prohibited.
Accommodations at Garnet Health Medical Center - Catskills' Birthing Center
All rooms at the Birthing Center are private, with amenities for both comfort and safety:
- Secure unit
- Central fetal monitoring
- Private bathrooms with showers
- Sleeper sofa for significant others
- Table and chairs
- Rocking chair
- Attractive decor and pleasant artwork
- Televisions with VCR/DVD players
While the Family Birthing Center is a secure and locked unit, our obstetrics professionals encourage family members to share the occasion, and their warm hospitality makes visitors feel welcome. The comfortable waiting room is equipped with televisions, DVD players, telephones and WiFi.
Times to Know
- Meal times are as close to 8:30 am, 12:30 pm and 5:30 pm as possible.
- Your vital signs will be assessed per your doctor's instructions.
- If your doctor ordered morning blood tests, the lab will draw blood starting at 5:00 am.
- Visiting hours for your significant other are unlimited. Visiting hours for all others is 12:30 pm - 8:30 pm. We know it is important for you to have your loved ones around, however it is also very important for you to rest. Please know that we will make every effort to accommodate special visiting circumstances.
- The Main Entrance of the hospital is locked at 9:00 pm and will reopen at 6:00 am. If family members need access after 9:00 pm, they can enter through the emergency room.
To contact our Birthing Center, please call: 845-794-3300, Extension 2372