August is National Breastfeeding Month and Garnet Health Medical Center invites nursing mothers to participate in a Virtual Global Big Latch On event at 10:00 a.m. on August 6.
This year’s event will be hosted online via WebEx and will begin with breastfeeding trivia games and information sharing. The Latch On will begin at 10:30 a.m. A virtual meeting ID will be provided along with registration confirmation.
The Global Big Latch On raises awareness on the importance of breastfeeding and includes time to share experiences with fellow breastfeeding mothers, as well as guided learning. Our Global Big Latch On virtual gathering aims to protect, promote and support breastfeeding families by:
- Providing ongoing breastfeeding support.
- Raising awareness of breastfeeding support and knowledge available.
- Supporting breastfeeding in public places.
- Increasing support from partners, family and communities of people who breastfeed
- Ensuring communities have the resources to advocate for coordinated, appropriate and accessible breastfeeding support services.
National Breastfeeding Month is celebrated every year in August to encourage breastfeeding and improve the health of babies around the world. For additional information about The Global Big Latch On, visit www.biglatchon.org.
Garnet Health Medical Center also hosts a variety of community classes for new parents and mothers-to-be. For additional information, visit www.garnethealth.org/events