Bariatrics & Weight Management at Garnet Health
Losing weight is not easy, but the bariatrics team at Garnet Health understands your concerns and is ready to partner with you to craft a personalized weight loss plan that leads to long-term success. Garnet Health’s experienced, compassionate bariatric surgeons and bariatric medicine providers in Orange and Sullivan counties offer evidence-based solutions that can help you reach your weight loss goals.
Types of Bariatric Surgery
There are different types of bariatric surgery - all are designed to physically alter aspects of your digestive system to make it easier for you to manage your weight.
Weight Management Services Designed for You
Being obese can reduce your quality of life and lead to a variety of other health concerns. Left untreated, excess weight can contribute to chronic health conditions, such as:
- Arthritis and other joint issues
- Chronic pain and reduced mobility
- Type 2 diabetes
- Heart disease, such as coronary heart disease, and hypertension
- Mental illness or eating disorders
- Sleep apnea and other sleep disorders
Obesity can be caused by unhealthy habits, but often is genetic. At Garnet Health, our bariatrics team understands that there may be multiple causes for your excess weight. We have the expertise to determine the most appropriate treatment and will provide the support, education and compassion to ensure your experience is exceptional.
Our bariatric specialists will get you started at a pace that’s realistic and healthy, depending on your body’s specific needs. We offer a variety of weight management services, including:
- Bariatric surgeries, specializing in minimally invasive, laparoscopic procedures such as gastric banding, gastric bypass and sleeve gastrectomy
- Bariatric surgery support groups
- Bariatric seminars and preoperative bariatric education
- The Weight-loss & Obesity Medicine Management (OMM) program at Garnet Health Medical Center is called A Healthy Weigh. It offers our patients a multidisciplinary, collaborative approach to weight loss that involves non-surgical techniques only to help you achieve healthy body weight.
- Individually designed dietary counseling and exercise programs
- Pre-surgical testing
Before, during and after treatment, and through any rehabilitation you may need, our weight loss teams will monitor you for any side effects and do everything they can to ensure your recovery goes as smoothly as possible.
Bariatric Care Close to Home
No matter where you are in your weight loss journey, Garnet Health can help guide your next steps. Unsure if weight management services or bariatric surgery are right for you? Speak with a weight loss specialist at Garnet Health who can answer your questions and address your concerns today, at: 845-333-2123
Garnet Health provides expert bariatric care and weight management services in Orange and Sullivan counties, including Middletown, Harris and Callicoon, NY.
Quality Accredited Care
Recognized as a Surgical Quality Partner by the American College of Surgeons, Garnet Health Medical Center's Bariatric Surgery Program offers quality, accredited care to patients in Orange and Sullivan County, NY.Bariatric Surgery Program
Carrie & Victoria Garloch have lost a combined 313 lbs
"For over 30 years, I tried just about every diet there was to try..."- Carrie Garloch Read story