Treating Allergic Reactions at Garnet Health
Garnet Health understands that even a mild allergic reaction can be worrisome. Whether your eyes are swelling or your throat is itching, count on our experienced physicians and providers to quickly and efficiently provide a diagnosis and treatment at our fully equipped Urgent Care centers.
A mild allergic reaction may not be severe enough for an emergency room visit, but prompt medical attention still may be needed. Our Urgent Care clinics, in Middletown, Goshen, and Monticello, NY, are ready to provide residents of Orange and Sullivan Counties with the timely care required.
Urgent Care Curbside Check-in
We offer curbside check-in for your safety and convenience. When you arrive, simply call us, and a nurse will phone you when an exam room becomes available.
The nurse will call you when an exam room becomes available and to let you know when it’s time to enter.
Symptoms, Causes & Treatment for Allergic Reactions
People experience allergic reactions differently. Common symptoms of an allergic reaction include:
- Sneezing and an itchy, runny or blocked nose
- Itchy, red, watering eyes
- Wheezing, chest tightness, shortness of breath and a cough
- A raised, itchy, red rash
- Swollen lips, tongue, eyes or face
- Stomach pain, feeling sick, vomiting or diarrhea
- Dry, red and cracked skin
Numerous allergens can trigger allergic reactions. Some of which, include:
- Airborne allergens, such as pollen, animal dander, dust mites and mold
- Certain foods, especially peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, soy, fish, shellfish, eggs and milk
- Insect stings and bites, such as from a bee, wasp or ant
- Medications, particularly penicillin or penicillin-based antibiotics
- Latex or similar substances
Garnet Health’s team of highly trained Urgent Care doctors will quickly see you at our clinics, and partner with you to diagnose your allergic reaction. For many mild to moderate allergic reactions, we can prescribe medications to alleviate symptoms and reduce your immune system’s reaction.
If your allergic reaction is severe and requires emergency attention, an epinephrine shot can be given to immediately reduce symptoms.
Quickly receive treatment for an allergic reaction at Garnet Health’s Urgent Care clinics, conveniently located in Middletown, Goshen and Monticello, NY.