Visiting Hours at Garnet Health Medical Center – Catskills
Garnet Health recognizes that patients need the support of family and friends while they are in the hospital or visiting for an outpatient appointment or procedure. We welcome visitors and request that you follow our visitation guidelines in an effort to keep everyone as safe as possible. It is required that all visitors wear hospital issued masks, provided upon your arrival, the entire time of your visit and that you remain socially distant and practice good hand hygiene often. Thank you for your cooperation.
Please note that virtual video visits can easily be arranged so family and love ones can remain in contact while hospitalized. To arrange a video visit, please speak with your nurse or the Patient Advocacy department, at 845-794-3300 x2185
Harris and Callicoon Campuses - Effective March 18, 2021
Two visitors at a time 18 years or older. Some exceptions may be made on a case by case basis.
Visitors must remain in the patient’s room and hand hygiene must be performed.
5 East, 2 West, CCU: two (2) visitors at a time between 9:00 am - 8:00 pm.
COVID+/PUI: two (2) visitors at a time with 60 minutes maximum, recommended.
End of life patients: three (3) visitors at a time.
OB Delivery: one (1) support person and or doula.
OB Post Pardum: one (1) visitor at a time, 18 years or older between 9:00 am - 8:00 pm in addition to the designated support person and or duola.
Visitation is open 24/7 and limited to one (1) visitor/support person per patient, 18 years or older.
COVID+ /PUI will be allowed a visitor on a case by case basis.
OR, Endoscopy, Diagnostic Imaging, and Outpatient Services and Offices:
- One (1) visitor will be allowed to accompany patient and may wait in the waiting area for the patient if social distancing requirements & maximum room capacity allow.
- If the waiting room is full, visitor will not be able to accompany the patient for their outpatient procedure or visit after the point of registration.
- One (1) support person is allowed for the OB anatomy Ultrasound.
Skilled Nursing Unit:
Visitation is suspended at this time.
Garnet Health Doctors’ Appointments & Urgent Care:
One (1) visitor / support person allowed to accompany patient through registration process; visitor allowed to wait in waiting area per social distancing requirements and room capacity allowances; eating and drinking is not permitted.
Other areas of our facility:
- The cafeteria and café are open for takeout only. Eating in a patient’s room is prohibited.
- Chesed room is open during visitor hours. Visitors must stay masked and maintain social distancing. Hand hygiene must be performed entering and exiting the patient’s room, and before/after handling mask. Virtual visitation for all patients can be arranged through nursing.