Wound Healing and Hyperbaric Center in Orange & Sullivan Counties
Your body is a tapestry of muscles and tendons, organs and arteries. When you sustain a wound, your body goes to work, starting a mending process that helps heal and overcome cuts, bruises and more. But sometimes, wounds don’t recover as quickly or effectively as they should. With slow-healing and chronic wounds, a bandage won’t do the trick.
Led by our Wound Healing and Hyperbaric Center Medical Director for Garnet Health Medical Center - Catskills in Harris NY, Dr. Gregg Atlas and our Wound Healing and Hyperbaric Center Medical Director for Garnet Health Medical Center in Middletown NY, Dr. Inocencia Carrano, our expert staff provides the specialized knowledge, techniques and equipment needed to treat these wounds in the most effective, fast and comfortable way possible.
Wound Healing and Hyperbaric Center Centers
Wound care treatment in Orange and Sullivan counties is right here at Garnet Health’s locations in Middletown and Harris.
Conditions Requiring Wound Care
Slow-healing wounds are normally associated with infection, disease or trauma. Understanding the cause of the wound helps wound care doctors provide appropriate and effective treatment. Our individualized treatment plans result in improved healing rates over shorter periods of time compared to conventional therapies. Conditions treated by Garnet Health’s wound care doctors include:
- Bone infection (osteomyelitis)
- Certain crushing or traumatic injuries
- Jaw or bone reconstruction
- Non-healing or slow-healing wounds caused by diabetes
- Open wounds that arise from radiation therapy
- Skin grafts that don’t heal after surgery
- Surgical incisions that reopen
- Ulcers and sores on the foot and leg
Wound Care Treatments
Choose care at a Garnet Health wound clinic. Give your body every opportunity to heal. Common wound care treatments offered by Garnet Health include:
- Hyperbaric oxygen (HBO) therapy – You sit in a small, pressurized chamber filled with 100% oxygen. By breathing in pure oxygen, you give your body access to more oxygen than normal, which helps speed the healing process.
- Surgical debridement – This removes dead tissue that surrounds slow-healing or chronic wounds. Once this tissue is removed, your body’s living tissue is better able to proceed with wound healing.
- Wound dressing – Using advanced materials, these special wound dressings speed healing and recovery of wounds that have been present for weeks, months or longer.
Wound Care Locations, Close to Home
If you’re living with slow-healing and chronic wounds, take control of your health. Garnet Health’s wound healing and hyperbaric experts care for all types of wounds. Call 845-333-7700 in Middletown and 845-333-8430 in Harris to learn more or to schedule an appointment at a wound care clinic in Orange and Sullivan counties.
Garnet Health provides quality, compassionate wound care in Orange and Sullivan Counties, including Middletown and Harris, NY.
Frequently Asked Questions
The goal of our team is to partner with the patient and their families to accomplish the care needed. Learn more about what to expect when you or a loved one needs wound healing and hyperbaric care at Garnet Health.View FAQs
75 Crystal Run Road
Middletown, NY 10941
68 Harris Bushville Road
Harris, NY 12742