Resources for New Parents
Being a new parents can sometimes be overwhelming. Garnet Health strives to be a friendly, reliable and accurate resource for new parents navigating the care of their new infant.
- 14 Risks of Formula Feeding (PDF) - When mothers do not breastfeed, they generally use infant formulas. It is recommended by the World Health Organization that parents are told about the health risks of using formula.
- Baby Bunch - Support group for new parents, both in-person and virtual meetings (Download PDF flyer)
- Breastfeeding Mother's Bill of Rights (PDF) - It is your right to be informed about the benefits of breastfeeding, and to have your healthcare provider, maternal healthcare facility and child day care facility encourage and support breastfeeding.
- Breastfeeding - Why it's best (PDF) - Breast milk is the perfect food source that only you can provide to your baby. It is recognized as the most complete form of nutrition for infants.
- Follow the ABCs of Safe Sleep (PDF) - Help your baby sleep safely.
- Mid-Hudson Lactation Consultants and Counselors Directory (PDF) - August 2023
- Shaken Baby Syndrome (PDF) - Most people who shake a baby in their care are not trying to hurt the child. They may become frustrated by nonstop crying, difficulty feeding a baby or problems toilet training.