Children’s Emergency Medicine Services
Separate and secure from our adult treatment area, the Children’s Emergency Department allows our younger patients (and their families) to be cared for in a safe and comfortable environment by physicians and staff specifically-trained in Pediatric medicine.
Our Comprehensive Children’s Emergency Services
Garnet Health Medical Center’s Emergency Department treats thousands of Pediatric patients annually. The goal of our dedicated Children’s Emergency Department team is to ensure your child is receiving the best comprehensive emergency care – close to home. Your child’s emergency care team members include:
- Board-certified Emergency Medicine physicians
- Experienced Physicians Assistants and Nurse Practitioners trained in Pediatric Emergency Medicine
- Specially trained nurses, experienced in pediatric care
- A Child Life Specialist who provides support and resources to Pediatric patients and their families to effectively cope with illness and injury through play, preparation, education, diversion and self-expression activities. This specialist offers emotional support and encouragement throughout your child’s visit and provides information and guidance to all family members
- Board-certified Pediatric specialists
- Board-certified Pediatric Hospitalists who work and communicate with your child’s Pediatrician and a team of physicians to manage the care of your child while in the hospital
- Behavioral health services
Pediatric subspecialists are important to the care and treatment of your child in an emergency situation. Garnet Health Medical Center is proud of our partnership with Pediatric subspecialists who have completed additional training in specialized fields of Pediatric medicine. Our Board-certified specialists offer services in:
- Adolescent Psychiatry
- Gastroenterology & Nutrition
- Infectious Disease
The Children’s Emergency Department also offers:
- Bed-side registration and triage
- Rapid lab results and diagnostic imaging to help get you well, faster
- Radiation reduction program to limit unnecessary exposure
Cultivating a Special Healing Environment for Kids
Our 3,000 square foot Children’s Emergency Room offers child-specific private treatment rooms, a triage area, and a dedicated nurses station. Each room is equipped appropriately to treat your child and is uniquely enhanced with beautifully hand-painted murals and custom artwork that support a healing environment and help to ease fears.
Featuring artwork from various artists, from the waiting areas to the treatment rooms, the Children's Emergency Department is meticulously designed to meet the unique needs of Pediatric patients. The entrance to the Children’s Emergency Department features a mural entitled "The Fabled Forest" by Steven Petruccio, a local children’s book illustrator. The children's treatment rooms feature the artwork of local artists Ron Gee and Gar Wang. The landscape artwork adds to the friendly and comforting environment. We also offer flat screen televisions to help divert our patients from their illness or injury.
View the gallery below to take a look at some of the artwork featured in our Children's Emergency Department rooms, as well as a peek at the initial construction and our ribbon cutting from when we first opened our doors!
Garnet Health Medical Center's mission is to improve the health of our community by providing exceptional healthcare. You may receive a patient satisfaction survey in the mail a few weeks after you are discharged. Please take a few minutes to complete and return it, as your opinions are very important to us. We take all concerns very seriously.
If you have questions or concerns about your visit to the Emergency Department feel free to contact:
If you have a problem involving a bill for services provided by: