Speech Language Therapy
Garnet Health offers speech language therapy at locations throughout Orange and Sullivan Counties.Search Locations
Speech Language Pathology Treatment Services
If you have trouble with your voice, communication, cognition or swallowing, a speech language pathologist will help you understand your condition and/or improve your abilities. Speech-Language Pathology may greatly improve an individual’s quality of life by providing tools and training for communication, and by ensuring the ability to safely eat and drink — in an effort to prevent life threatening aspiration pneumonia.
Speech language pathology provides evaluations and treatment for swallowing problems which include video swallow, speech and voice problems as well as cognitive dysfunction. The most common conditions or diagnoses that our speech language pathology patients experience, include:
Our program provides identification, prevention, relief and rehabilitation of disorders of speech, voice swallowing, language and cognition.
Outpatient Rehabilitation Locations
Garnet Health offers rehabilitation services in Orange and Sullivan counties from high-quality, compassionate rehabilitation specialists in Middletown, Harris and Callicoon, NY.
Conditions Treated With Speech Language Pathology
Speech-language pathologists work to prevent, assess, diagnose, and treat speech, language, social communication, cognitive-communication, and swallowing disorders in children and adults.
- Speech Disorders - when a person has difficulty producing speech sounds correctly or fluently and can be caused by a variety of factors including developmental delay, stroke or other types of brain injury or neurological conditions.
- Voice Disorders - when the pitch, loudness or quality calls attention to itself rather than to what the speaker is saying. It is also a problem when the speaker experiences pain or discomfort when speaking or singing. There are a variety of causes of a voice problem which can include paralysis of a vocal fold, misuse of the voice (talking too loudly, improper breath pattern, smoking, etc) which can lead to edema, vocal nodules or polyps.
- Swallowing Disorders - feeding and swallowing difficulties, which may follow an illness, surgery, stroke, or injury.
- Language Disorders - when a person has trouble understanding others (receptive language), or sharing thoughts, ideas, and feelings (expressive language). Language disorders may be spoken or written and may involve the form (phonology, morphology, syntax), content (semantics), and/or use (pragmatics) of language in functional and socially appropriate ways.
- Communication Disorders - Cognitive-communication disorders include problems organizing thoughts, paying attention, remembering, planning, and/or problem-solving. These disorders usually happen as a result of a stroke, traumatic brain injury, or dementia, although they can be congenital.
Schedule an Appointment
The professionals at Garnet Health provide rehabilitation services personally tailored to your needs and goals. If you’re looking for outpatient lymphedema therapy in Orange and Sullivan counties, call us to learn more about our rehabilitation services:
- Outpatient Rehabilitation Center at Garnet Health Medical Center: 845-333-7300
- Outpatient Rehabilitation Center at Garnet Health Medical Center - Catskills, Harris & Callicoon: 845-794-3300 x 2139
Garnet Health is a participating provider in many health plan networks. You can find a list of the plans in which we participate - listed below.View Plans
Outpatient Rehabilitation Center at Garnet Health Medical Center - Catskills, Harris
68 Harris Bushville Road
Harris, NY 12742
Outpatient Rehabilitation Center at Garnet Health Medical Center
75 Crystal Run Road
Middletown, NY 10941
Outpatient Rehabilitation Center at Garnet Health Medical Center - Catskills, Callicoon
8881 Route 97
Callicoon, NY 12723