Robotic Surgery & da Vinci Robotic Services
Garnet Health offers minimally invasive robotic-assisted surgery with the most-advanced da Vinci Si HD Surgical System. Utilizing our highly advanced da Vinci® System, our expert surgeons perform the following types of robotic surgery:
- Robotic Surgery for Bariatric Weight Loss - If you are considering having bariatric surgery, you may be a candidate for minimally invasive, robotic surgery using the da Vinci Surgical System.
- Robotic Surgery for Gynecology Procedures - Our highly-trained surgeons perform gynecological robotic-assisted surgery for various conditions, including: hysterectomy, uterine prolapse, ovary removal, and more.
- Robotic Surgery for Prostate Procedures - we offer da Vinci Prostatectomy, which is the #1 choice for treatment of localized prostate cancer in the United States.
- Robotic Surgery for Kidney Procedures - Robotic-assisted laparoscopic surgery for diseases of the kidney allow our urologic surgeons to perform complex surgeries with greater precision and accuracy.
This robotic surgery system integrates 3D high definition endoscopy and state-of-the-art robotic technology to virtually extend the surgeon's eyes and hands into the surgical field with extreme clarity and detail. It provides surgeons with an alternative to both traditional open surgery and conventional laparoscopy, enabling surgeons to perform even the most complex and delicate procedures through very small incisions with unmatched precision.
For the patient, benefits may include:
- Significantly less pain
- Less blood loss
- Less scarring
- Shorter recovery time
- A faster return to normal daily activities
- And in many cases, better clinical outcomes
The robot is the first da Vinci Surgical System in the Hudson Valley region to offer unparalleled 3D High Definition visualization.
About da Vinci Robotic Surgery
With da Vinci, small incisions are used to introduce miniaturized wristed instruments and a high-definition 3D camera. Seated comfortably at the da Vinci console, your surgeon views a magnified, high-resolution image of the surgical site.
At the same time, state-of-the-art robotic and computer technologies scale, filter and seamlessly translate your surgeon's hand movements into precise micro-movements of the da Vinci instruments.
The da Vinci Surgery System cannot be programmed, nor can it make decisions on its own. It requires that every surgical maneuver be performed with direct input from your surgeon.
da Vinci Surgical System Features
The da Vinci Surgical System provides the surgeon with the precision, dexterity and control of traditional open surgery, while only requiring 1-2 centimeter incisions. The da Vinci Surgical System consists of:
- An ergonomically designed surgeon's console
- Four interactive robotic arms
- A high-performance vision system.
At the da Vinci console, your surgeon operates while seated comfortably, viewing a highly magnified 3D image of the body's interior. To operate, the surgeon uses master controls that work like forceps. As your surgeon maneuvers the controls, the da Vinci System responds to your surgeon's input in real time, translating his or her hand, wrist and finger movements into precise movements with miniaturized instruments.
Translating & Refining Your Surgeon's Movements
As your surgeon maneuvers the controls, the da Vinci System responds to your surgeon's input in real time, translating his or her hand, wrist and finger movements into precise movements of the miniaturized instruments. The da Vinci System holds up to three instruments and one 3D camera.
To access the target anatomy, your surgeon introduces the precisely controlled instruments into the body through a series of dime-sized incisions. A broad range of instrument types are available to help your surgeon perform specialized surgical tasks with precision and control.
If you or a loved one has been diagnosed with a condition that may require surgery, you owe it to yourself to learn about all of your medical options, including the most effective, least-invasive surgical treatments available.
While clinical studies support the effectiveness of the da Vinci® System when used in minimally invasive surgery, individual results may vary. Surgery with the da Vinci Surgical System may not be appropriate for every individual. Always ask your doctor about all treatment options, as well as their risks and benefits.