Comprehensive Hand Surgery at Garnet Health
Whether you’re a patient with a hand injury in need of reconstructive surgery or you’re a physician seeking to refer a patient to a hand surgeon, Garnet Health is here for you. You don’t have to live with reduced use of your hands. Feel confident in turning to our experienced and Board-Certified orthopedic surgeons at Garnet Health.. Residents of Orange and Sullivan Counties won’t have to travel far to receive optimal hand care.
Total Joint Replacement Pre-op Class
When you register for your surgery, you will receive information from your Physician's office on how to access our virtual Total Joint Replacement class. This informative class, will teach you how to prepare for surgery, what to expect and about the recovery process.
Hand-Injury Symptoms, Causes & Treatment
Common issues requiring hand surgery include:
- Bone instability, such as in a compound fracture
- Bones piercing through your skin
- Unusual positioning of your fingers
- Severe pain when you move your hand
- Limited range of motion in your fingers
- Numbness in your fingers
These symptoms can be caused by a variety of issues, typically related to some sort of injury. You may have pain or discomfort that requires surgery because of:
- An acute hand injury like a fracture or sprain
- Lacerations requiring stitches
- Tendon inflammation (tendonitis)
- Arthritis and arthritic joint pain
- Nerve compression (carpal tunnel syndrome)
- Congenital problems, growths and tumors
Garnet Health specializes in the diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of patients with hand injuries and abnormalities. Our experienced team will diagnose the underlying cause of your hand problems, and our expertly trained surgeons and physical therapists will seek to resolve the issue and get you on the path to recovery.
Resolve hand pain with the expertise of surgeons at Garnet Health. Garnet Health Medical Center in Middletown, NY, and Garnet Health Medical Center – Catskills in Harris and Callicoon are conveniently close to home for residents of Orange and Sullivan Counties.