Garnet Health Doctors provides nutritional assessments at locations throughout Orange and Sullivan Counties.Find a Provider Search Locations
Nutritional Assessments at Garnet Health
Comprehensive nutritional assessments are a key part of a regimen that benefits your well-being. If it has been recommendation that you undergo a nutritional assessment, rely on the experienced providers at Garnet Health Doctors. Our highly skilled team — which includes Board-certified family medicine and internal medicine clinicians, certified medical assistants and nurses — is committed to providing systematic, patient-focused, coordinated care.
This dedication has helped our Middletown and Monroe locations achieve Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH) Recognition from the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA). With eight locations across Orange and Sullivan Counties, we provide you with the convenient care you deserve. We even offer same-day appointments to help accommodate our patients’ hectic schedules.
Convenient On-Site Pharmacy
Garnet Health Doctors aims to provide patients with a streamlined care experience. If you’re in Middletown, you can take advantage of our pharmacy.
An Overview of Nutritional Assessments
What Does a Nutritional Assessment Involve?
Each nutritional assessment is tailored to that patient’s specific needs. These assessments generally involve:
- Taking the patient’s measurements for height, weight, body circumference and skinfold thickness
- Checking for signs of a nutritional deficiency
- Reviewing the patient’s medical history
- Completing a clinical assessment (which considers how certain health conditions could impact the patient’s nutrition)
- Performing a biochemical assessment (which involves testing the patient’s organ function and examining the amount of nutrients and chemicals in his or her blood, urine and stool)
- Completing a dietary assessment (reviewing how much food the patient eats, the type of food he or she eats, how frequently he or she eats and whether he or she has experienced food allergies or loss of appetite)
- Performing a food-security assessment (which determines whether the patient has adequate access to food, both physically and economically)
- Completing an environmental assessment (determining whether the patient can adequately shop for and cook food)
Completing these steps helps us gain a more comprehensive understanding of a patient’s dietary health. Once we’ve performed a nutritional assessment, we can tell whether the patient is consuming adequate nutrients and, if not, provide him or her with the necessary support.
Who Can Benefit From a Nutritional Assessment?
In many cases, individuals who have been identified as potentially malnourished (or at risk for being malnourished) will be referred for a nutritional assessment. However, any patient seeking healthier nutrition options to improve health and quality of life could benefit from a nutritional assessment.
Garnet Health Doctors provides nutritional assessments at locations throughout Orange and Sullivan Counties, including those in Bethel, Callicoon, Harris, Liberty, Livingston Manor, Middletown, Monroe and Monticello.
Garnet Health Doctors
Garnet Health Doctors is a primary care and multi-specialty practice that is part of Garnet Health's network of care.Find Out More
If you or a loved one is experiencing an injury or illness that requires immediate medical attention, however is not life-threatening, please consider treatment at our Urgent Care Centers.Learn more