At Garnet Health Medical Center – Catskills' rehabilitation department serves the youngest members of our community. Physical therapy, occupational therapy, and speech therapy are available for children from birth to 21 years of age through both private insurance and through the New York State Early Intervention Program.
The NYS Early Intervention program is for children from birth to 3 years of age who have a confirmed disability or established developmental delay. Learn more about the New York State Early Intervention Program.
Physical therapists provide:
- Pre and Post Orthopedic Surgical Care
- Consultations and Home Programs for Families
- Comprehensive Evaluation of Gross Motor Skills
- Gross Motor Skills Acquisition Through the Use of Play
A physician referral is required for physical therapy treatment.
Common referrals & diagnoses include:
- Congenital Torticollis
- Genetic Disorders (ie: Down Syndrome, Muscular Dystrophy, etc.)
- Cerebral Palsy
- Toe Walking
- Spina Bifida
- Delayed Gross Motor Skills
- Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Sensory Integration Deficits
- Neurological Deficits
- Orthopedic Impairments
- Sports Injuries