Offering patients surgical & cosmetic treatment of varicose vein ablation and sclerotherapy for spider veins.Find a Provider Search Locations
Call for a Free Consultation
For a FREE Consultation with our Vein Treatment Center providers, please call 845-333-7575.
Vein Treatment Providers
Vein Treatment at Garnet Health
Are you dressing to hide unflattering spider veins? Do you spend hours on your feet, and feel the effects of varicose veins that cause your legs to ache? Rest easy: minimally invasive varicose vein treatments are available right here in Orange and Sullivan counties at Garnet Health.
What Causes Varicose Veins?
Deep varicose veins and smaller, surface spider veins occur when the valves in your veins break, causing the blood to pool. This malfunction, due to obesity, trauma or genetics, results in either twisted and enlarged veins coming to the surface, appearing as tiny branches of broken veins that look like magenta spiders. While varicose veins are a cosmetic concern, for some people they can cause extreme pain and discomfort. A host of factors can increase your risk for varicose veins, including:
- Pregnancy – Circulatory changes during pregnancy, including an increased amount of blood, can sometimes lead to enlarged veins in women’s legs.
- Aging – As you get older, your chances of developing varicose veins increases due to wear and tear on the parts of your veins that control blood flow. This wear and tear can lead to blood pooling in spots rather than flowing back up to your heart.
- Being sedentary for long periods – Sitting or standing for long stretches can keep your blood from flowing properly.
- Family history – Do you have a relative with varicose veins? If so, your chances of developing them could be higher.
Varicose Vein Treatment Options
At-home treatment options for varicose veins include wearing compression stockings, elevating the affected leg(s) and exercising. For some, however, medical care is necessary to ease symptoms. That’s where our Garnet Health’s Vein Treatment Center comes in.
Our team of experts, led by Cleveland W. Lewis, Jr., MD, offers you and your loved ones surgical and cosmetic treatments including:
- Ablation – This procedure uses radiofrequency or laser energy to close off varicose veins in your legs.
- Sclerotherapy – In some cases, your doctor may recommend sclerotherapy, during which they will inject a solution that scars and closes off the affected veins.
With treatment, circulation reroutes to healthy veins, reducing pain and improving appearance. Talk to your primary care doctor about whether you could benefit from scheduling an appointment with our Vein Treatment Program.
Expert Vein Treatment in Orange and Sullivan Counties
Find expert vein treatment services for varicose and spider veins at Garnet Health. Contact your primary care doctor or call 845-333-7575 to learn about what treatment options are right for you.
Garnet Health provides expert vein treatment services in Orange and Sullivan Counties, including Middletown and Harris, NY.